Nationally Delivered Assessments
CSA uses PSI testing services in
order of offering hundreds of professionally proctored locations across the United
Here is how the our national assessment process works.
- Visit the
"Test Info" page for
important study material and information about assessments. If you are new
to CSA please
this document to answer questions about CSA certifications.
- Click on the
link below after you have reviewed the following information.
- Use the "Registration Form" (following links to next step) to request an assessment.
- Upon review, CSA will process your request and
forward necessary information to PSI.
- Within 3 business days you should receive an Email from PSI with further instructions on
making payment and scheduling the assessment. New participants may
take an additional couple days to process. You typically have 60 days from
the initial request to take an assessment.
- When you get the schedule email from PSI you will be able to make payment, select the proctoring location, view their available openings, and schedule the assessment.
You will need to make a payment with PSI before scheduling. To change a schedule
with PSI, go back to the schedule site and make the
change yourself for the appropriate time. Changes must be made at
three days before the assessment start time.
- Do NOT change your password within any of the systems or the proctors
will not be able to launch your exam.
- You must provide your own copies of code books
for open book tests. The test center will not provide books. Make sure you
appropriate materials from our web site for your respective test. View
Test Info for important
information to help you prepare for a test. NFPA documents can be
purchased at www.NFPA.org.
- Upon passing an assessment, an ID card and certificate should be mailed
in approximately 3 weeks. Unless indicated otherwise, all assessments
require an 80% passing score and expire in three years. At the test
center when you are reviewing your exam score Click on "SEND" to email the
score report to the email address in our system. You can also access
Dash Board to print your score report.
- If you need to retake an assessment due to not passing or missing an
exam time, you must process a new request from this web site and wait for
an email from PSI to reschedule. Full fees apply each time to take an
There are no refunds or cancellation once you make a payment.
Substitutions of other participants are not allowed. Schedule changes must
be made on-line three days before your scheduled assessment.
By scheduling and paying for an assessment you agree to CSA
Conditions. Additional terms and conditions may apply as outlined by the proctoring center.
We strongly recommend that you do not schedule your exam within three days as
you will not be able to make changes.
Next Step to Request Assessment
Visit our "Test Info"
link for very important information regarding the test format, study materials, use of books during assessment,
calculators, and other important information. There may be some
information related to select jurisdictions.
Fees for these assessments are as follows and are subject to
- FA2 - Fire Alarm Competent On-Site Person $150
- FA4 - Fire Alarm Business Representative / Certificate Holder
- ASC2 - Sprinkler Competent On-Site Person - Commercial
- ASR2- Sprinkler Competent On-Site Person - Residential
- ASCR2 - Sprinkler Competent On-Site Person - Commercial & Residential
- ASCR4 - Sprinkler Business Representative / Certificate Holder
- ASD2 - Sprinkler Competent On-Site Person - Domestic $140
- UFM2 - Private Fire Service Mains (Underground) $140
- UFM4 - Private Fire Service Mains Business Certificate Holder
- FEX - Fire Extinguishers $140
- CKH2 - Commercial Kitchen Hood Installation and Service $140
- KHFE2 - Kitchen Hood & Fire Extinguisher On-Site $200**
- CTFH2 - Confidence Testing - Fire Hydrants $140
- Other special assessments may be offered by a specific jurisdiction.
Pricing will be provided on that page.
** This is a combination 2-hour test that will qualify for
both Kitchen Hoods & Fire Extinguishers in one sitting at 25% discount over
Proceed to Next Step to Request